This module provides tips and guidance on how to go about setting up your Community Emergency Volunteer group. Whether your group chooses to undertake a single role in your community such as flood volunteers, or trains for multiple roles the advice contained in this booklet will assist your team in setting up procedures to cope with a variety of scenarios.
By the end of this module you will be able to:
- Know the general roles of Community Emergency Volunteers before, during & after an emergency
- Appreciate the need for a community emergency plan
- Understand the importance of 3C’s (Command, Control & Communications)
- Implement a basic command structure for your group
- Implement a basic CEV incident control system
- Undertake dynamic risk assessments
- Know how to work in buddy pairs
- Understand how to use communication equipment & procedures
This course is recommended for all CEV groups, whether just starting out or seeking to refresh their knowledge.
Contact us to book this training session for your group with one of our training officers, check our events list to see if we’re running an open session near you or call our advice line on 0117 910 3930 to find out more. You can also download the training pack for your own use if you don’t want to arrange a session with us.
Once you have completed this training check out our full list of available modules here, which cover topics such as flooding, snow and utilities failures. And then why not use our online refresher training course in a few months’ time to keep your knowledge up to date?