Leading a group of volunteers during an emergency can be a daunting experience. This training module is designed to give you, as a group coordinator, the confidence to manage your group, keep interest going, and be able to lead them and integrate yourself with the rest of the emergency response structure.
By the end of this module you will:
- Know the general roles of a CEV Coordinator before, during & after an emergency
- Feel more confident about organising training sessions
- Better understand how to lead volunteers during an emergency
- Be able to write a basic risk assessment
- Be familiar with JESIP working principles
- Be able to manage a de-briefing session
This course is recommended for all CEV group coordinators, whether just starting out or seeking to refresh their knowledge.
Contact us to book this training session with one of our training officers, check our events list to see if we’re running a multi-community session near you or call our advice line on 0117 910 3930 to find out more. You can also download the training pack for your own use if you don’t want to arrange a session with us.
Once you have completed this training check out our full list of available modules here, which cover topics such as flooding, snow and utilities failures. And then why not use our online refresher training course in a few months’ time to keep your knowledge up to date?