Leading a group of volunteers during an emergency can be a daunting experience, even for the most experienced. This training module is designed to give you, as Coordinator or lead Flood Warden, the confidence to manage and lead your volunteers, maintain interest and engagement, and integrate your group with the rest of the emergency response structure.
By the end of this module you will:
- Know the general roles of a CEV Coordinator before, during and after an emergency
- Feel more confident about organising training sessions
- Better understand how to lead volunteers during an emergency
- Be able to write a basic risk assessment
- Be familiar with JESIP working principles
- Be able to manage a de-briefing session
This course is recommended for all Community Emergency Volunteer Coordinators and Lead Flood Wardens, whether just starting out or seeking to refresh your knowledge.
This module can be delivered as an interactive webinar, tailored to your community or region and in partnership with local agencies. To find out more, please contact the Communities Prepared team. You can also download the training pack for your own use if you don’t want to arrange a session with us.
Once you have completed this training, check out our full list of available modules here, which cover topics such as flooding, snow and utilities failures.