Leading a group of volunteers or managing volunteering efforts during an emergency can be a daunting experience, even for the most experienced. Delivered in partnership with Northumberland CVA, this webinar from Communities Prepared provides guidance for those in a lead volunteering role. Discussion points include managing volunteers and maintaining engagement and how to integrate or build upon partnerships with the wider emergency response structure.
Join this session to build your knowledge on a range of key topics, including
• Leadership skills
• Organising training sessions
• Managing volunteer debriefing sessions
• Writing risk assessments
As well as giving advice on managing a group during an emergency, the session also provides tips on setting up a group and running training sessions, based on first-hand experience from volunteer groups.
Throughout the webinar we will be referring to the training handbook on which this session is based. You can download and read CEV Coordinator from the Communities Prepared hub. If you are not currently a member, you will be prompted to register – it’s free to join! For any questions regarding the hub, please contact Communities Prepared at email@example.com.
Who is this for?
This webinar is aimed at community volunteers and community activists across Northumberland, including:
• Flood Warden and Community Emergency Volunteer groups
• Mutual Aid and Isolation Support groups and anyone involved in the COVID-19 response efforts
• Committee members, trustees and volunteers from village halls, community centres and community venues
It is also open to:
• Councillors, Clerks, staff from Town and Parish Councils