Communities Prepared is a formal partnership of national and regional organisations – Groundwork South, the Environment Agency, Cornwall Community Flood Forum and Cornwall College Business. These organisations work together to support and grow community resilience across the country, preparing local areas and bringing volunteer organisations together in a common cause. However, we know that the future holds endless possibilities, so we are also looking to collaborate with other organisations who we can work with to progress this ambition even further and help ensure the programme reaches its full potential.
We recognise there are many great initiatives out there and are looking to explore how we can learn from each other and be joined up in our approaches to community resilience – many of these initiatives are listed on our Links page. We are always on the lookout to add new links to this so please do continue to tell us about all of the fantastic work you are doing.
You can become a partner of Communities Prepared in a number of ways:
- Becoming a member of our stakeholder group
- Collaboration on the development or delivery of training resources for volunteer organisations or leaders
- Providing financial support for the long-term sustainability of the programme
- Helping us reach out to communities who would benefit from our support
- Sharing your knowledge and experiences in championing community resilience, including through our members’ forum
We can also support partner organisations’ community resilience activities by running our train the trainer sessions for staff, providing guidance on how to deliver our training resources to communities and volunteer organisations.
Please get in touch to find out more.
As our partnerships develop, we’ll be adding more information here, so watch this space!